Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Galatians 1:10

In my last post, I wrote about my deep seated desire to please others.  Then, at 2 a.m. this morning, I wake up and am compelled to read the Word.  So, I quietly reach for my phone and start reading Galatians.  This verse jumped out at me..  "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."

Whew, tough words for a tough time.  At a time when I've been searching about my very purpose as a Christian and grieving the loss of dear brothers and sisters who have left our church, this is revealed to me.  Although it pains my flesh to think about those whom I have grown close to, I cannot give in to that.   I love them dearly and feel their loss as though they have died.  Yet, I am called to a mission of growth and transformation -  a mission of "Bring them in, train them up, and send them out."  That is where I must stay until God tells me otherwise. Now, I have peace.  Good night and Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment