Thursday, January 10, 2013

Failure

Today, I was in the car with a co-worker.  Now this co-worker says that they pray and things like Bless you but I've never heard them say that they are a Christian.  So anyway, we were talking about being sick.  I was talking about my infamous "Vitamin C' they were telling me about how they had let themselves go because they had had a rough couple of years, become depressed, and let themselves go health-wise.  Anyway, I made the comment that my joy in the Lord helps me.  I guess I thought I would get an opportunity to witness.  I probably should have witnessed....

I didn't though.  Because what my co-worker said made me so sad I wanted to cry...  I guess when they said that they grew up a Methodist but are a philosophical person now, I could almost predict it because I had been there. You see, I too had the "World Religions" class in college.  I tried to interrupt and say that the class had deceived me...  But I couldn't...  When they went on to say that they thought Jesus was a cool person and one of their heroes, I couldn't hardly breathe....  I was driving so I didn't have to look at them but I wanted to cry.  I wanted to pull over the car and beg and plead and tell them, no, He's MORE than that...  He is life, He is our only hope.  But how could I??  I had walked where they do and knew what it took to bring me back to the Lord.  Years of wandering and feeling the same way.  Worldly, educated because I just knew the so called facts...

So, I failed.  I let them finish their comments about my Lord and then we went on to another subject...  I guess I felt like maybe I shouldn't because we were on work time and I'm a supervisor.  I am so burdened though...  Pray that I get another opportunity and find the right words to witness.  Also, pray for this person that they'll be ready to receive.


1 comment:

  1. Be there, done that, have the shirt to prove it!
    Not to justify missed opportunities but maybe what the Spirit was saying is that He was grieving as well. Maybe the opportunity was to be still and to be praying for that friend.
    On the other hand, maybe you failed and this was your confession and you are forgiven. Slant clean so now what? You are now stronger and you will be more sensitive and obedient to His call going forward.
    I love your heart and it is inspiring. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete